Analysis of white blood cell infiltration of Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) is important in the diagnosis of diseases including inflammatory neurologic diseases, acute and chronic leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, lymphomas, myeloma, autoimmune diseases, immunodeficiencies and solid tumours. Flow cytometry is an important method for diagnosis, classification and monitoring of these diseases. However, cells within untreated CSF samples are typically low in number and degrade rapidly ex vivo, resulting in low sensitivity of disease detection.
Stabilisation of CSF with TransFix/EDTA CSF Sample Storage Tubes provides increased recovery of myeloid and lymphoid cells for up to 72 hours for analysis via flow cytometry, compared to untreated or cell culture medium treated CSF
- Increased disease detection – early diagnosis and treatment for better patient outcome
- Reduction in the need for repeat lumbar puncture – reduced costs and trauma for patients
- Provides the opportunity to transport the samples for centralised diagnosis and multicentre clinical studies
- Easy to use – just transfer 1-4ml of CSF sample into the tube within 1 hour of lumbar puncture and mix by inversion.
- Provides greater flexibility for the laboratory – eliminates the need for weekend and evening work and reduces the impact of unexpected machine breakdown or staff shortages.
|2 pack of CSF sample storage tubes|
|10 pack of CSF sample storage tubes|
|50 pack of CSF sample storage tubes|