VitroGel Angiogenesesis Assay Kit
Ready-to-use, hydrogel system for 2D gel coating and 3D culture of angiogenesis tube formation, invasion, and animal injection.
Full Kit (Hydrogel+Supplements): VitroGel AAK (2 mL), AAK Supplement 1 (500 µL), AAK Supplement 2 (500 µL)
- Xeno-free hydrogel system supporting the angiogenesis process.
- Multiple applications in one kit: Tube formation, invasion, and animal injection.
- Control the hydrogel properties: Add your own growth factors and compare with positive control.
- Easy, efficient, and enzyme-free cell harvesting in 20 minutes.
VitroGel Angiogenesis Assay Kit is a revolutionary tool for researchers to study the effect of both hydrogel properties and culture medium on angiogenesis process. The kit can be used to study the angiogenesis tube formation and invasion on both 2D hydrogel coating and 3D cell culture methods. The VitroGel system is also good for animal injection for in vivo studies.
Angiogenesis is a highly regulated process that involves the growth of new blood vessels from the existing vasculature. This process plays an important role in both normal developmental processes and numerous pathologies, including wound healing, tumor growth, and metastasis to inflammation and ocular disease.
Traditional angiogenesis assay highly relies on natural extracellular matrix (natural ECM), which has non-adjustable hydrogel compositions and properties. Therefore, our understanding of the angiogenesis process is limited by studying the molecular cues such as growth factors and inhibitors in culture medium only. There is a lack of knowledge on how the properties of hydrogel affect the angiogenesis process.
The ready-to-use VitroGel Angiogenesis Assay Kit can contain the following components:
- VitroGel Hydrogel Matrix, a xeno-free ready-to-use hydrogel.
- AAK Supplement 1, a hydrogel supplement without vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) for cell attachment and growth.
- AAK Supplement 2, a hydrogel supplement with VEGFs to promote tube formation and as a positive control.
All the components can be purchased separately.
Besides molecular cues, the VitroGel Angiogenesis Assay HC Kit allows researchers to explore the effects of hydrogel mechanical properties on angiogenesis. The high concentration VitroGel AAK-HC hydrogel is room temperature stable and can be adjusted by simply mixing the hydrogel solution and dilution solution at different rations (recommend 1:1 to 1:5 v/v) to achieve different mechanical strengths. The diluted hydrogel solution can be directly mixed with supplement at 2:1 (v/v) ratio for hydrogel formation. Researchers can adjust the molecular cues of the hydrogel by adding the growth factors/inhibitors directly to the supplement before mixing with VitroGel AAK-HC. Cells cultured in this system can be further harvested easily with the VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution.
|TYPE 1 Kit Contents||- VitroGel Hydrogel (2 mL)
- AAK Supplement 1 (1 x 500 µL)
- AAK Supplement 2 (1 x 500 µL)
|TYPE 2 Kit Contents||- VitroGel Hydrogel (2 mL)
- AAK Supplement 1 (2 x 500 µL)
|TYPE 3 Kit Contents||- VitroGel Hydrogel (2 mL)
- AAK Supplement 2 (2 x 500 µL)
|Formulation||- Ready-to-use, xeno-free functional hydrogel
- AAK Supplement 1: Without VEGFs
- AAK Supplement 2: With VEGFs
|Use||Angiogenesis Assay, tube formation, invasion, animal injection|
|Biocompatibility||Biocompatible, safe for animal studies|
|Injection||Injectable hydrogel for in vivo studies and lab automation|
|Cell Harvesting||VitroGel Organoid Recovery Solution
5-15 min cell recovery
|Shipping||Supplements require dry ice shipment.|
|Storage||- VitroGel Hydrogel: store at 2-8°C
- AAK Supplement 1 and AAK Supplement 2: store at -20°C
|Number of Uses||60 uses at 50 µL per well|
VitroGel Cell Recovery Solution
Recover cells from the hydrogel in 20 minutes with high cell viability. Enzyme-free system.