Ready-to-use, xeno-free (animal origin-free) hydrogel system for hPSCs 3D static suspension culture and scale-up.
VitroGel STEM is a xeno-free (animal origin-free) hydrogel system developed to improve the performance of three-dimensional (3D) static suspension cultures and scale-up of human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) to create a high-throughput system to model various tissue and disease states.
- Establish stem cell spheroids directly from liquid nitrogen (5 min protocol).
- High-quality 3D stem cells for differentiation and organoid formation.
- Easy scale-up (from laboratory scale to industrial scale).
- Efficient cell harvesting or subculturing.
This hydrogel system is ready to use with an optimized formulation that fully supports the rapid expansion of high-quality 3D stem cell spheroids with pluripotent properties. hPSCs directly thawed from liquid nitrogen or passaged from 2D matrix coated culture vessels can be immediately mixed with the hydrogel solution for static suspension cultures. Moreover, the optimization protocol is ideal for time-sensitive experiments, as it does not require excessive medium exchanges, which can ultimately save on time and materials. This hydrogel system is compatible with most hPSC culture media and tissue culture vessels. Due to the unique static suspension culture procedure, the requirement for microcarriers for large-scale bioreactors is eliminated, making cell harvesting simple and effective. The 3D stem cell spheroids that are developed using this system can be used for further sub-cultures, patterned differentiations, organoid development, or re-establishing 2D culture morphologies.
Advantages of the VitroGel STEM
- Easily seed stem cells directly from liquid N2 or 2D culture systems.
- Efficient cell harvesting or sub culturing.
- Can be used for stem cell scale-up with bioreactors at ultra-low agitating speed to maintain high cell viability and excellent cell growth rates.
- Yields high-quality 3D stem cells with full pluripotent properties.
- Undifferentiated stem cells can be easily transferred to 96 well plates, T-flasks, shaking flasks, and bioreactors, making them compatible with most culture vessels.
- Compatible with the majority of stem cell culture media.
- Easily switched back to 2D culture systems if needed.
- Eliminates the need for matrix coating or microcarriers.
- Eliminates the need for shakers or stirrers for laboratory scale stem cell suspension cultures.
|Xeno-free, functional hydrogel
|3D static suspension culture for hPSCs
|Ready-to-use at room temperature.
|Biocompatible, safe for animal studies
|Injectable hydrogel for in vivo studies and lab automation
|Store at 2-8°C. Ships at ambient temperature
|10mL and 2mL
|Number of Uses
|- (10 mL): 90-180 mL suspension culture
- (2mL): 15-30mL suspension culture
|VitroGel Organoid Recovery Solution
5-15 min cell recovery
“Just add cells” 5 min protocol. No matrix coating required.
VitroGel STEM is ready-to-use. Just mix with your hPSCs. There is no laborious matrix coating required to maintain and expand your stem cells.